Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Spoonflower Hack: Make a Quick Cheater Panel Baby Quilt

Fabric Quilt Labels
I've mentioned Spoonflower before.
They offer eco-friendly, printed-on-demand products, and I'm very pleased to be selling my Fabric Quilt Labels and my new fabric designs through them...in my Victoriana Patchwork shop.


I finally played with the fill-a-yard feature on the Spoonflower site.
It's a great tool for sewers & quilters,  
allowing you to sample a lot of fabric designs, before buying larger amounts.

This easy tip, that I'm sharing with you today, will also allow you to create a cheater baby quilt panel using any design collection on the Spoonflower site.

Here's how to make a cheater quilt panel for a super cute & quick baby quilt:

Click the link to take you to my Victoriana Patchwork Shop.



Click the 'Designed Collections' link.


Choose the baby sampler patchwork collection of designs.
You could also choose the victoriana patchwork complete collection, which contains all of my fabric designs in one collection.


Click the Fill-A-Yard - Start Designing button, above the fabric pictures.


A. Select the template you wish to fill.
For this baby panel, choose the 1 Yard Cheater Quilt with 42 squares.
B. Choose your fabric option.
C. Then click the Design Your Project button.


You will now fill in the 42 squares with the fabrics you choose.
1. Click your fabric choice on the right.
2. Click, within the 42 squares, where you wish that fabric to appear.
3. When all the squares are filled in, you add the panel to your cart.

Proceed to the check out if you are done shopping.


Here's another example, with the fabrics in slightly different order.
'Sew' cute!!

And how awesome it would be to use the main Baby Sampler Main Patchwork print as a matching backing fabric, and one of the blues as binding.

The whole thing could be made with 2½ yards of fabric total!

Layer the fabrics with batting and quilt (by machine or hand).
It's that simple!


Be sure to send me a picture, as I'd love to see the quilts you make with my fabrics!


Happy Stitching!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment