Saturday, April 13, 2019

Catching You Up...

Good Morning!
I know it's been a while...
With each day getting lighter, longer & warmer, I'm getting closer to my easier season!
Until my electricity options change, I've learnt to live with a much lesser amount than most.
I also have to use more of my time on keeping this place heated...especially hard when you run out of seasoned wood - way too early!
Because of that some things do not get the attention evenly throughout the year, and blogging was one of those activities, this winter.
I don't 'have' to blog, and since it's written online, it's the power & time it takes.
And of course I feel it's more important to give priority to all the new quilts I'm making - and the pattern writing/graphics.
[Those who also read my Off Grid Adventure Letters know all the issues I currently face.]
I'm not complaining - just explaining why I haven't been here much since last fall.

Note: If you used to get my blog posts through Google+, may I suggest signing up to receive the notice by email ~> in the right column.

I've been busy - grab your favourite beverage - here's what's new!


Emmett the Monkey Joins the Stuffies Baby Quilt Pattern Family
I'm still developing more designs for my Stuffies Baby Quilt Pattern Series.
Emmett the Monkey is the latest cutie to join the family.
[This quilt pattern is currently free to Members.]
You can see information about the whole Stuffies family here.

~~~~~

Blue & White Tiles Quilt Pattern Series - in two sizes!
I'm currently working on block #3 of the new Blue & White Tiles quilt.
I'm making my 9 block quilt into a wall hanging, but I also give the templates & instructions for a larger version.
Block #2 is now free to members!
Learn more about this patchwork quilt here.
~~~~~

If I Drive... Child Quilt Pattern Series & Companion eBook
This fun quilt series is chugging along - hehe.
There's now 5 blocks, with the next one coming soon!
[The Taxi pattern is currently free to Members.]
See more of the If I Drive... quilt blocks here.

~~~~~

Storyland Child Quilt Pattern & Companion eBook
I've also made good progress on another quilt series.
This is the 5th block of the Storyland quilt, with the next one coming soon!
[The Baa, Baa Black Sheep pattern is currently free to Members.]

~~~~~

I'm so proud of Jackie Howard!
Last weekend her Victoriana Album quilt won Best of Show, 1st Place, & Viewers Choice , at the Piece-ful Harbor 2019 Quilt Show by the Colonial Quilt Lovers Guild in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.
You can see Jackie & her quilt here.

She's inspired many to ask about making this quilt for themselves...
Which has encouraged me to re-offer this Stitch Along.

Victoriana Album Quilt Stitch Along
This 18-month Heirloom Album quilt Stitch Along
for non-expiring Victoriana Quilt Designs Members, will begin June, 2019.
Each month you can download a new block and appliqué your treasure as we go.
You will need to register (email me), to join the Stitch Along.
The registration confirmation email includes the fabric information.

Please Note:
Non-expiring Members will need to register to receive this Quilt Pattern Free (a $25 value) & Join this Stitch Along!

~~~~~

A Novel Idea Bookcase Quilt
I'm loving my A Novel Idea bookcase quilt!
It turned out exactly as I imagined it.
The final tutorial is online here.
It includes a good keeping track tip and my favourite way to sew my sashing & borders for a finer finish.

And stay tuned for my next free Block of the Month!


~~~~~

Thank You Mini Quilts
I was able to add a fourth Thank You Mini Quilt - for a Nurse or Team of Health Care workers.
These quilt patterns are always free to Members, and can be found here.

~~~~~

Quilt Pattern Designs by Benita Skinner from Victoriana Quilt Designs


~~~~~

Thanks for your interest - I love knowing we're...


See more of the quilty inspirations I put online for sharing!


Happy Weekend Stitching!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment