Thursday, May 23, 2019

Dreaming and Stitching

It's been a week of dreaming about several new quilt designs as I stitched on some current quilt projects.
It was a rainy and damp week here, so I had the wood stove going as I stitched my days away...


These are some of the Black & White fabrics that are part of my stash.
I would love to design another quilt using these.
Add a splash of colour for an instant fun quilt!
I thought of a really good design idea to make 'personalized' lap quilts, that I'd like to share through my free Block of the Month.
I'm not sure if I can afford the time to create the templates for the 26 different versions required.
I've not decided yet.


This chain of blue & white patches is what was under my needle, while I thought about it.


This patch got all twisty - like a roller coaster - while I was preparing it for applique.


It's been more than a few decades since I purchase this pretty print...and it's still one of my favourite fabrics.
It's going to be part of two more of my upcoming quilts, including the one I worked on this week!
Can you guess yet which quilt I've been stitching?


My Blue & White Tiles series!
On my design wall ~ 4 blocks of the Blue & White Tiles quilt.
That pretty blue & white print I showed above is in the center of my newest block...the one on the bottom left.

Blue & White Tiles Quilt Series

The Block #4 pattern is now available online here.
Still time to catch up and stitch along!


A few days ago I thought of another quilt design that kept buzzing around in my brain.
I needed to do some puzzling to see if it would work, and considered going for a forest walk to do it, but it was a full on rainy day...so I decided to do some machine stitching while I thought it out.
I got the Row 8 Stained Glass Diamond Strings blocks done, all trimmed and ready to stitch together.
And the design I was puzzling is even better and not really the same as it was originally.

Stay tuned for more fun stitching to come!!

Queen Victoria was born May 24, 1819
Last Monday, in Canada, we celebrated our Victoria Day long weekend.
Did You Know ~> It's Queen Victoria's 200th Birthday tomorrow!


Happy Stitching!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment