Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tips for Joining Scrap Batting


I like to use my scraps of batting in smaller quilt projects.
To make sure there is no overlap within the quilt, I overlap the two pieces, slightly (about half an inch), and then cut the two layers down the center of the overlap.
When you remove the two thin strips (one from both sides) the batting lays perfectly together.

For a small block size, like when I'm piecing my Stained Glass Strings blocks, I don't join them together - I just lay them beside each other on the backing fabric and stitch my strings on top.

But for larger sizes I do like to join them to prevent it from shifting.
The photo above shows how I whip stitched the two sides together.
It does not need to be pretty, as it will be hidden between the layers.

Low electricity here the past few days.
I hope to post my second Grandson gift tomorrow, if the sunshine comes out this afternoon!

Happy Stitching!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment