Friday, July 27, 2018

Ribbon Needle Book

In my sewing box that I have next to my comfy chair, where I do all of my hand stitching, I've always had bits of fabric scraps with different needles and special pins that I use for all of my different stitching.

I had planned to make myself a needle book to keep these in. 
A few years ago I enjoyed putting one together which I made out of a lovely piece of ribbon I had in my collection.

I cut a matching felt piece to sew on the backside of the ribbon (folding the ends of the ribbon in first), and then blind-stitched it to the back of the ribbon, being careful not to stitch through to the front.


I then cut (with pinking shears) a few slightly smaller pieces of felt. 
I stitched them together with embroidery floss, and stitched these pages to the center of the ribbon section.
I also stitched a small pocket on the back cover, to keep a needle threader handy. 


Now I can keep all of my different needles & special pins that I use for a variety of sewing & embroidery jobs, together in this 'sew pretty' book.

Happy Stitching!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment