Saturday, July 07, 2018

Thank You Mother Nature!

I was poking through old photos the other day, and I couldn't help but share these...
That's my sweet Ash & Coal as kittens, Ash climbing a screen, Ember as a kitten & my lovely outdoor seating area, that I never got to use like that.

I was supposed to spend the whole day on the computer yesterday, but then a storm came through, early in the afternoon.
When lightening is involved, I turn the system off and unplug everything.

So what I ended up doing is some relaxing hand stitching - more blanket stitching on my Stuffies Monkey quilt, while listening to the pouring rain.
That unexpected break did wonders to revive my energy!
It also helped that the rain finally broke the heatwave that had been here for days.




By the time the storm passed I had stitched half of his body.
I love good progress! 

Happy Saturday Stitching!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Just thinking about listening to the rain and hand stitching something makes me feel relaxed. It has been so hot here in Kentucky. It was 102 yesterday at my house. We had some rain last night and it is so cool this morning I opened the windows. I'll have to close them by noon because the temperatures will be going up. It should get to 90 today but I'll have to turn the air on. I just can't take the heat anymore. Getting too old! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to keep the curtains closed, on the windows where the sun beams in the house, when it's too hot...helpful tip from my mom.
    Do you do that, too?
    Stay cool, Kaye - and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely closed blinds and curtains are closed are a must. I began to do this simple rotation of opening all windows overnight, then noticing where the sun is moving around our home and closing windows before 10 am. then making sure the most direct sun exposure have blinds or curtains blocking the sun. Its been a successful over 33 years of not paying for air conditioning. Great topic Benita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading that you also use the closing curtains method, Caroline.
      It's the opposite in the winter for me - as I always hope the sun will give me some warmth, as well as my electricity. <3

      Delete