Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Star Gazing

Celestial Wonderings Quilt
I pushed myself to stay up a little later, last night, so I could watch the Perseid Meteor Shower.
It wasn't too hard, as the sunset was beautiful, with an orange sliver of a moon right behind, to start the sky watching.
It was a lovely evening, and the summer breeze was wonderfully refreshing.

It didn't take too long before I had already seen a half dozen shooting stars, streak across the sky. I didn't even think of trying to take a picture - never knowing where the next flash would appear.
Plus that would take away from the ooohing and aaawing, and just plain enjoyment.
The view in the dark sky here can be so amazing, even glimpsing the Milky Way, so I try to make sure I enjoy this natural fireworks display each year, when it comes around.

This morning I woke up thinking about how lovely yesterday evening was, and after realizing I had no pictures to share with you, I remembered my Celestial Wonderings quilt pattern.
This design was the 2005 Member's Series quilt.
It's a wonderful design that uses an all-over celestial print fabric as the background.
The stars are hand pieced and appliqued on the background.
A fun 'while you wait' project!

News...
If you haven't yet signed up for my newsletter (you should - you'd never miss any Victoriana Quilt Designs news), you can read the latest one here.


Happy Star Gazing!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest



2 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed as we has foggy skies for viewing. Glad you were able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try again tonight or tomorrow - you still could see some, I think?

      Delete