Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Idea of A Novel Idea

For as long as I've been a quilter I've loved the idea of bookcase or bookshelf quilts.
I've seen some amazing ones made as Anniversary keepsake quilts, with photographs in frames, and other lovely treasures.

Last year, the idea of using novelty fabrics for the 'extras' in the bookcase, bubbled up - and after checking I had enough ideas for a bunch of blocks, besides the books, this 2018 'A Novel Idea' quilt design was created.

The other day I made the June block of 3 jars.
My plan is to have the tutorial online tomorrow!



What the means is you have time to print & request the template for the May Flowerpot block tutorial today!

And of course all the instructions for the past block below are available to members - just one of the advantages of becoming a Victoriana Quilters Member!





It's such a fun quilt, and I'm excited to watch this bookcase come together!

Happy Stitching!


 Email Me Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your tutorial. Love the look of the 3 jars together in one block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea Anne!
      It was fun choosing what would be in the jars. :)

      Delete